Saturday, June 10, 2017

Metapost: Let's check out Czechia! A SEO journey

If someone had told me when I started my running blog I'd have a significant readership from Czechia I'd have never believed them. But I do! So far a quarter of my readership has come from Czech ip addresses. There have been more visitors from Czechia than every other non-American country combined. What can I offer this readership? Don't rightly know to tell you the truth.

what other blog could offer public domain images like this for the beleaguered Czechs?

Is running a big thing in Czechia? Are narcisstic and overly florid blogs a big deal? I have no idea where this readership comes from. If I had to guess it's likely I stumbled across a small running subculture that I blew up through unintended SEO or something. Maybe just taking the time to use the preferred nomenclature of "Czechia" versus "Czech Republic?"

Czechia, sweet Czechia, so glad I met ya, I'll never forget ya, my home sweet Czechia!



So where do the Czech peoples and running culture overlap? Through the person of Emil Zátopec, the revolutionary runner known as the Czech Locomotive. He deserves a lot more space than I can give than this brief little metapost so I'll just leave you with some of his incredible highlights:

Now, most folks will tell you, you don't want to create content solely based on analytics. The end result will be an ouroborous of unreadability where I'm chasing my own tale, alienating non-Czech readers while offering the Czechia people's little more than the surface froth of what I can find with a cursory google/wikipedia search.

Clickssssssssss

So what's the point of this post? Well what's the point of anything really. Don't give me that attitude. The number of visitors on my blog that are from Czechia is a significant outlier that I'd thought at look at. So move on Slovaks, this is Czechia's time to shine

what other blog can offer royalty free images of Prague?


I'll leave you with this: Díky za návštěvu mých českých přátel. Pokračuj v dobré práci!



Edit: month later and the numbers of visitors from Czechia continues to grow

Running a half marathon on a high dose marijuana edible: a case study

Runner’s Weed It was mile nine that I became a draft horse. One of those big and goofy Budweiser-type doofus-horses, the type with a cow fo...