Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Rave Review: Taotronics Bluetooth Headphones for Running

I lose headphones. I break them. They end up in pockets of winter coats where they're undiscovered until spring. They fall out my drivers side door. I go through a ton of them.
Which is why I've really been happy with the various Taotronic brand wireless headphones I've purchased. They're cheap (can usually be found for around or under $25.00) and (thanks to China's lax enforcement of IP and copyright) are of an excellent build quality. I would not be surprised if the exact same Shenzhen factory that churns out Beats and other bespoke headphones is also pumping these things out with the night shift.
But I am not here to bitch about IP enforcement. I've come to praise Taotronics, not bury them.
For the thrifty or clumsy consumer I honestly think these are best possible wireless headphone option. I've noticed the sound quality to be universally excellent and comparable with their expensive odoppelgängers. Battery lasts long enough for the longest runs, they can hold up to the sweat and the jostling of a run, and they're just a nifty product. Again, they really are just clones of more expensive products but the lax enforcement of international copyright really pays off

these cost over $200
these cost $20

For the thrifty or clumsy consumer I honestly think these are best possible wireless headphone option.

Running a half marathon on a high dose marijuana edible: a case study

Runner’s Weed It was mile nine that I became a draft horse. One of those big and goofy Budweiser-type doofus-horses, the type with a cow fo...